Friday, July 13, 2012

This Is How It Happens

Little things.  Stories, pictures, news clips.  Any little thing has the ability to trigger me.  It's not as bad as it used to be.  I'm just so angry that I live in a society that teaches it's men to disrespect women in such horrible ways.  We are not a weaker gender.  We are an equal gender with so much to contribute.  And yet there is so little support for a woman to speak out when she is raped or assaulted or any form of abuse.  It hurts my heart.  It hurts my heart that I didn't speak out when it happened to me.  And it hurts my heart when I hear about it happening to other  women.

Someday I will have a forum to speak up and out about this.  I will use my story to hopefully help someone else get through hers.  .

This, however, is unspeakable

No comments:

Post a Comment