I wussed out on going for the tour at Union Station. I made excuses for why I didn't want to go and psyched myself out. I'm a little disappointed in myself over it.
Starting now, I'm planning to dramatically cut my discretionary spending. Instead of spending little bits often, here and there I'm going to do a better job of saving for things that mean more to me. Discipline is one thing I terribly lack and I think it's the next flaw of mine I'd like to work on correcting. Discipline will come more easily with routine and routine will come with slowing down and being slightly less spontaneous.
The last few years have been defining beyond measure in who I am and what I value. My adventures and crazy times have been innumerable, invaluable, fantastic story opportunities that to know I survived healthy, happy and completely in tact physically and emotionally is nearly unbelievable.
Oral storytelling should be a more celebrated art form.
I think I will sustain from going out more than once or twice per month and maybe my friends and I can learn to spend more time occupying each other's company from within the comfort and budget friendliness of our own homes. I'm planning to make my apartment more friendly to accommodating guests for hosting dinner and game nights.
I would rather spend more money on healthy groceries than on-the-go tasteless foods. But this also stems back discipline and planning. I can do it. It's time to cut back on my lifestyle, and so far I'm enjoying the process of focussing and having more discipline.
No comments:
Post a Comment