Sunday, July 1, 2012

Cause I'm restless tonight

I need to take a moment to mention a Romney ad I viewed as I was putting together a playlist on Youtube.  The end of the video mentions that we should "send Washington a message to stop spending and start creating jobs."  This is an absurd notion.  Any sane person who has any basic fundamental education concerning macro economics knows this is absurd.  The model for Economies in recession demonstrates that the only way to move the output is to increase spending or cut taxes and that an increase in spending is the quicker, more effective way to increase Real GDP.  It also demonstrates that if a government decreases spending during a recession it will decrease Real GDP and hinder recovery.  It is not possible for a government to "create" anything by decreasing spending.  It is, however, possible to raise revenue by getting rid of tax loopholes for giant corporations.

Now that I'm finished with that rant...

This entire weekend has been spent in complete solitude.  Thus far it has been quite rejuvenating.  Though now, at the end of it, after having napped for most of the afternoon, I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep tonight.  And I'm a bit bored.  Tomorrow, I'll be ready to get out of here for a bit.  It's sounding like I'll have a relatively busy week so that helps me feel okay about having not done a damn thing this weekend.  I also saved some money by staying in this weekend.  Double score.

All this time to myself has been very beneficial in figuring out some life questions.  These are the type of life confirmations and decisions that I do such a good job of keeping to myself until I act and then know every one for a loop because I'm the only one who knows I've been thinking of these things for any extended period of time.  For a while I thought maybe I should change this quality about myself and then I realized that I quite like this quality.  So for anyone who feels like I've lost my damn mind when I make decisions that seem not-well thought out or completely random, I can't say that I care.  It's who I am and I decided to be unapologetic about who I am.

I just found a free tour of the Union station project.  I'm going to go by myself and feel super brave for doing so.  I don't foresee anyone going with me or wanting to go with me and I REALLY want to do it.  So I will.

And because I've been on an Alison Krauss kick this evening...this one sums it up.


No comments:

Post a Comment