Or this one.
Generations X and Y are truly making their mark on the salvation of American culture tipping back towards the idea that we care for our neighbors and for people in general. The Whuffie factor points out the direction of social media tipping the scales from the internet being a cold place of no direct contact with other humans to a place where the facilitation of an entire uprising in Tunisia or a party in Wash Park to raise nearly $7000.00 for the Waldo Canyon fire victims.
There is an entire world of knowledge that people have the power to give to each other through social media and it does a great job of keeping business honest. Many businesses fail at social media because they simply do not understand that it is no longer advertisement as it used to be, but a dialog between you and your customers. Advertising will never truly be the same in the future and I believe this is in the favor of both consumers and businesses.
Who am I? And what do I truly care about in my life? I am a person of ideas and knowledge. I care about things like consumer advocacy and breaking the barriers for women and minorities to own small businesses. I believe that most licensing practices advocated by state governments are outdated and ineffective. I believe in Universal Healthcare and I believe in the legalization of all drugs. One does not need to be active in drug use to advocate that the war on drugs is a useless waste of resources. I also believe that prostitution should be legal and regulated. I believe that I, as a consenting adult, should have the authority to decide what I do to my body, what I put inside of my body, and if and when I want to have children. I believe that the presidential election is overrated and that people should care more about local elections and legislative elections than they do the election of the POTUS. I love the acronyms POTUS FLOTUS and SCOTUS. They make me smile. I believe in good, healthy food and I believe in family. I believe in marriage and that all people should have the opportunity to be betrothed to the person whom they love. It is a deal breaker in a relationship for me if you do not believe in same sex marriage. If you don't believe in equal rights, I don't believe that you are a good person at your core and I don't want you in my life on that level. I believe that financial literacy and home economics and life skills should be requirements for graduation from high school. Math, reading and science are nice but they are not the fundamentals for being a successful adult. We as a society do a terrible job of preparing our youth for their futures. I don't believe in mandatory sentencing and until we can prove a flawless legal system, I don't believe in the death penalty. We spend too much money on our fantastic prison system and leave the youth, the future of this country to fend for themselves. I believe in taking the initiative to educate yourself about things before forming opinions about them. I believe in debate. I believe in honesty. And I believe that things will culturally improve when the large voting mass of the baby boomers lose their political voice.
Going forward, I mandate that I give myself opportunities to truly slow down and just regroup. It's important that I deal with things as they come up and not years down the road. Recently, I've been a little resistant to change because for the first time, I really truly liked what was going on in my life. But the changes I'm experiencing are not bad changes. They are changes that will allow me to focus. My life is transitioning
From this:
To this:
This will be a good next six months, I'm sure of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment