Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday Morning Random Thought Flow

It's taking me nearly forever to start moving this morning.  Maybe I shouldn't be so hard on myself when I allow myself time to just be quiet and relaxed before I start my day.  Maybe I'd be a lot happier and healthier if I did this more.  I think I'll try that.

I think I'll write a mission statement for my meaning life project.  It should include things like recognizing that all things are temporary, including life.  It should also include things I want to accomplish and differences I want to make as a human person resident of the world.  It should be prolific and encompassing enough that it should not be subject to change and it should be grounding enough to remind me of my core philosophies about life and who I am and who I truly want to be.  I'll get to work on this.

Emily inspired me to get started on my New Year's Resolutions for next year.  But let's start by checking in with my resolutions for this year.

Get my camera out at least once a month(I'm at about every other month, unless my phone counts)
Run five miles (I'm giving up on this due to the weirdness going on with my foot)
Volunteer  (One of the most fulfilling things I have done in a very long time, good resolution, I will maybe carry this one into next year)
Learn to make a new recipe once a month (still on track)
Write every single day (Pretty close)
Lose another 10 pounds (I'll bet if I started on the five mile thing that this would happen)  (I'm amending this to say maintain current weight and work on being healthier.)
Stick to my budget(For the most part, this is really a learning process)
Get a pedicure
Maintain an "A" average in my classes (B's for the first semester, but I have one to go)
Go someplace I've never been before (Going to Central City tomorrow!!)
See live music once a month (So far so good)
See a therapist
Buy a good bra

Learn to shoot a gun (My mom's friend has offered to teach me, I will try and take a week off to go to Ovid and do this before the end of the year, this one may have to be pushed into next year, though.)
Go Ice Skating (I have no excuse once they open the rink behind the Clock Tower this winter.)


I'm making fantastic progress on this.  Now lets start taking a look at what might be important to me for next year.

Learn to shoot a gun
Maintain an "A" average in school
See live music once a month (because I really liked being conscious of doing it this year)
Learn to stick to my budget (because I'm getting better but still not where I want to be)
Go somewhere I have never been
Write a mission statement for my Meaningful Life Project
Participate in the Transit Alliance Citizens Academy in the fall
Learn to network and start making connections 
Volunteer
Work on completing my Beautify My Space project


There will likely be more to come.  I really like adequately tracking my progress on the measurable goals I make for myself.  It is inspiration to continue moving forward when I can see what I have accomplished.

And in my daily link to Jezebel, I want to highlight two things.  Both are in reference to Mitt Romney's campaign for president.

First, this reader's comment very purely highlights how I feel about the generalities of the today's Republican party, especially those who are shouting members from the area of my hometown.

Second, because I adore clever headlines.  "Mittens Might Ask Condoleezza Rice to the Vice Presidential Sock Hop"






No comments:

Post a Comment