Thursday, May 31, 2012

Wipe A Tear, Blow A Kiss

I woke up at 2 in the freaking morning, stupidly checked my email like a lunatic and found that Andrew had emailed me back.  So of course my brain went into overdrive over-think mode and I didn't fall back asleep until well after 4 in the morning.  And I know it was after 4 in the morning because my neighbor's ungodly alarm clock went off for 15 minutes, and then I was finally able to go back to sleep.

And now after a very good but quite exhausting day, I'm in insomnia mode again.

Andrew and I agreed to have a discussion.  And I'm crazy anxious about it.  I haven't heard the man's voice in well over a year.  Now that I've started truly healing and grieving over our breakup I have mixed feelings about this conversation.  I miss him.  But I don't know if I miss him truly or miss the idea of what we had.  The whole thing is incredibly confusing and has me all mixed up and a little unstable.  I tried talking to my mom about it; and though she allowed me to divulge all of my fears and my anticipations and my feelings for him, she was zero help in the what should I do category, the am I crazy category, and the general guidance category.  I love her to death but I think in all the amount of time I spent getting her to allow me to make my own decisions she has lost the ability to form opinions about my life.  I have mixed feelings about this as well.

This weekend I need to let go of all of these thoughts, stop dwelling on them and just be in the moment with my family.  I will be okay and what will be will be.  Giving myself some space from these crazy emotions is exactly what I need.  For the first time since I left, I am truly excited to go home for the weekend.  What is wrong with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment