BFE is a long way and seriously inconvenient way to travel to party with someone who hasn't been a great friend in a considerable amount of time. Friendships don't seem to end with the same senses of closure that romantic relationships end. We don't really get to grieve in the same ways either. It seems reasonable to be sad over the loss of a friend who has been through some pivotal moments with you. I just can't handle the selfishness and toxicity of what this has turned into and it is a great source of disappointment for me right now.
I don't remember the grey and rain brining me down when I was in Seattle. Lately, since it's been cloudy and grey here it's been bringing me down. I guess I've gotten used to the sunshine again, figuratively and literally.
I think it will be acceptable for me to nap for the rest of this afternoon. Maybe I'll wake up less bummed out.
Today I'm thankful for rom coms and a comfy couch.
No comments:
Post a Comment