Friday, May 11, 2012

All The Time in The World

I should have avoided Norah Jones' Little Broken Hearts album entirely.  In all it's beauty, it is a testament to a reminder of days gone by.  "Good Morning" tore at my heart strings as I remembered waking up after fights with Andrew thinking "my thoughts of leaving are back on the table."  The melody, the lyrics, the tone everything about this song embodies the way I felt at the end of that relationship.  It's just so strange to feel that way again.  Suppose I hadn't left, would I still feel that way?  Am I really far enough away from those feelings that they feel foreign to me, finally?

Let us examine my life as of today.  Yesterday I had the opportunity to have been provided with a glaring example of how incredibly put together my life really is.  Comparison can be the thief of joy but in this case it was the provider of ease and release.  Such a testament to how much work I have put into becoming who I am today!  I could see parts of my life a year or more ago in his life, his troubles, his reactions, I could see myself in them.  I deserve a high five for surviving and becoming who I am.

It's starting to stress me out that I haven't heard anything about an interview yet.  I'm practicing cutting myself some slack and for the most part it's working.

No comments:

Post a Comment