Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Baby Shower Madness

I feel like I deserve a merit badge for waking up pre-7AM, today.  Granted, I haven't done anything with my day besides drink coffee and eat the remnants of last night's popcorn.  Oh and I also put my resume on file with a couple of local temp agencies.  And I've also tracked my shipment of new camisoles (I justified the purchase since my basic black cami is riddled with holes and I potentially will need it for interviews, the dress doesn't have a justification other than it was on sale and SUPER adorable), and tried to locate something reasonably awesome to gift my brother's baby.

On the subject of baby shower gifts.  I'm unemployed and 20-something and am pretty unsure about the needs of an infant, so purchasing a gift for my brother and for my friends' babies is causing me a little bit of stress.  I've been thinking this with this this and possibly this.  If I had more money available, they would all get this awesomeness: Because let's be real, that is freaking adorable.


I've given myself until 10:00 AM to continue with laziness and the wake up process.  Then I have to get my life together and do things that appear productive.  Like a trip to the library or cleaning up my kitchen again and making my bed and maybe I'll make some art or something.  

I need more patterns, stripes, floral, paisley, polka dots, etc in my wardrobe.  It seems like my wardrobe undergoes a transition into more grown-up pieces every couple of years.  It would be great to find a classic button down that fits me correctly.  I fear, though, that with my well-endowment that this is a never-ending chase towards something that doesn't exist.  Kind of like finding a good man. 

No comments:

Post a Comment