Temp. The temporary job situation seems ideal for me right now. I can go into a company long enough to learn the work, meet new people and possibly make new friends and leave before I hate life because I hate the job so much. I have my resume on file with a few temp agencies and one called to check in with me today so that is looking pretty promising.
Temporary seems like a good word to wrap up my life right now. I'm in a temporary life right now, poising everything to change in a few years. Or next week everything will change because that's the course my life seems to be on lately. How do I feel about the fact that I have no desire to make long term plans because nothing seems to go the way I plan it to go? I think that's normal. Maybe that's part of growing up is learning to expect for the unplanned.
I'm suppose to go on a date in a few hours. I REALLY want to cancel. But I don't want to cancel for anything that resembles a good explanation so I'm going to go. Dude is cute, seems genuinely interested, thinks I'm funny, seems like a nice enough guy. But the problem, here, lays in the fact that he is a guy. And guys have a history of breaking my heart. So I'm just not that interested in trying again. But I also have a LOT of time on my hands so the prospect of a new friend who likes bike riding on the Cherry Creek trail sounds very enticing. Beyond that it sounds like another round of fucking dating. And at the moment I think dating is a farce. I'm protesting by not going out of my way to worry too much about what I'm going to wear and wasting all sorts of time not getting ready to go. Currently I'm sitting on the couch, pantsless, watching House and writing about not wanting to go on the date I'm forcing myself to go on.
Christina Hendricks is my new body image hero. I would really like to dress exclusively like Joan from Mad Men.
If you don't feel like going then why go? Why force your gut instinct? You're at a great time in your life to just experience the moments as they pass by and not force anything. Pushing, forcing, it can land us in situations we don't want to be in or aren't ready for. Push something too hard and it falls over after all.
ReplyDelete