Monday, May 21, 2012

Wildwood Flower

In terms of parenthood.  I just read an interesting article about parenting.  I tend to agree that mothers have so much more to sacrifice in the traditional parenthood balance and at this point in my life I tend to believe that there is not a man whom I could trust to carry his weight in the child rearing experience.  If I didn't have to carry the child (adoption or surrogate) or be primary caregiver (nanny or SAHD) I would be completely on board with the parenthood thing.

It seems likely that I will start a volunteer internship with the Denver BBB soon.  I'm super excited about it.  I REALLY need something to occupy my time with.  I spend entirely too many hours on my couch these days.  I should do more exercise.

The other thing I would like to get better at is having the courage to go do things by myself.  I'm going to start this evening by going to a reading at the Tattered Cover.  Right now I'm pretty excited about it but I'm sure I'll start to feel a little less confident about it as it gets closer to the actual time to go.

My music collection has been dramatically improved today with the addition of some Ray Charles, Johnny Cash and an assortment of American Blues, folk, zydeco and Americana artists.  I'm pretty stoked about it.  It's definitely the music wave length I've been on as of late.  If it weren't for the extreme disparity in rights I would have as a woman in any other time then now I would be on board with being my age in the 40's 50's or 60's.

Someday I hope to have an incredible story to tell about my life.  Hopefully I'll remember some of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment