Monday, January 2, 2012

Protection from mayhem

Katrina told me she is pregnant, yesterday. I think she is telling me the truth. Wrapping my head around this has been really difficult, for some reason. I wish my period would go back to normal! I don't understand why I haven't had one yet. I haven't had sex since before my last period. And I had a doctor do a pregnancy test right before that which came out negative. It's really important that I work my way back out of my funk, today. I think I will take my library book to the park and read and possibly write my thank you's in the park. It is going to be such a beautiful day. It's important that the weather stay nice for awhile. The cold keeps me from going out and enjoying the day and then I fall deeper into myself and my anxiety picks up. I just really don't do well in winter. I feel so much better when Spring comes around.

I just spent the last couple of hours reading over this blog. I'm really not as much of a sap as this thing makes me out to be. Well, maybe I am and I just write when I'm feeling particularly sappy, highlighting my sappiest moments. I use this journaling to express those things that I don't feel comfortable talking about with people. Who wants to hear about feelings? I find them to be, above the top, uncomfortable.

My date(s) the other night(s) went really well. Sometimes our lives collide in the most bizarre ways. New Years Eve was probably the best I have had as far as I remember. Escaping the party we accidentally crashed and were asked to stay at, looking in the window at the hat store, being unable to give the waitress an order because I kept stealing glances at my date instead of reading my menu. But, in my defense, he is nice to look at. And the shared laughter over the ridiculous table beside ours. Not to mention taking the train back to your car so you could drive me home.

Things are looking really good for me. Two more weeks before my life makes a big transition and I'm a little nervous and excited. Everything will be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment