Sunday, December 4, 2011

2012, Here I Come

It's time that I really start to consider what I would like to accomplish in my next year. Maybe it would be helpful to examine what I was able to do with my life in the last year.

Last year's New Year's Resolution included the following goals:
What I want to do this year:
Go Ice Skating
Attend a poetry reading
Lose 20 more pounds
Run 5 miles
Take my bike more places
Get my camera out at least once a month
Spend at least one day a week outside
Have sex at least once a week
Try a new food/wine once a month
volunteer
Learn to make a food once a month
Expand my wardrobe/find an awesome little black dress
Write every single day
Stick to my budget
Learn to unconditionally love myself
Get a pedicure
See a play
go to the art museum
Give money to TAL

I lost an additional 7 pounds
I am planning to go ice skating in the next few weeks
I have gotten my camera out about once every two months
I spend much time outside everyday
I have sex nearly once a week
I have attempted a new recipe nearly once every two months
I have definitely expanded my wardrobe including my lbd.
I have written nearly every single day
I have stuck to my budget, for the most part
I went to the Art Museum
I donated to public radio
I learned to love myself unconditionally

Of what I didn't complete and/or would still like to work towards:
Attend a poetry reading
Get my camera out at least once a month
Run five miles
Have sex at least once a week
Try a new food/wine once a month
Volunteer
Learn to make a new recipe once a month
Write every single day
Lose another 10 pounds
Stick to my budget
Get a pedicure
Continue to learn my own nuances and quirks and continue to develop who I am and love myself unconditionally

In addition to what I will continue with I would like to add some new goals
Maintain an "A" average in my classes
Learn to shoot a gun
Go someplace I've never been before
Stop using my credit cards
Join a volleyball or softball team
Join the Economics society
Read one book per month for fun
Learn to make conversation with random strangers
Forgive every person who has wronged me
See live music once a month
See a therapist

So my list as a whole will look likes this:
Attend a poetry reading
Get my camera out at least once a month
Run five miles
Have sex at least once a week
Try a new food/wine once a month
Volunteer
Learn to make a new recipe once a month
Write every single day
Lose another 10 pounds
Stick to my budget
Get a pedicure
Continue to learn my own nuances and quirks and continue to develop who I am and love myself unconditionally
Maintain an "A" average in my classes
Learn to shoot a gun
Go someplace I've never been before
Stop using my credit cards
Join a volleyball or softball team
Join the Economics society
Read one book per month for fun
Learn to make conversation with random strangers
Forgive every person who has wronged me
See live music once a month
See a therapist
Buy a good bra
Learn to sing in front of people again.

No comments:

Post a Comment