Monday, March 14, 2011

The Call and The Answer

Today, I feel amazing. The sun is shining, the wind is not blowing and to this point, my day has been nothing short of perfect. Any day I get to lay in the park, basking in the sun, listening to podcasts and reading my magazines could not be called anything short of perfect. Friday I will get to buy my Seattle tickets and I will be there in less than a month. I'm so excited! I miss Seattle so much.

It's alarming how much of my past I have simply forgotten. Last night in my bout of insomnia I read my old journals. And the terrible part is I tore out some of the really bad parts. Now, I will probably never really remember some things and barely remember others. Is this normal? Does this happen to everyone? Or do I just put the bad things out of my mind? Is this my coping mechanism? I guess I'll never really know will I?

Daylight savings time makes me so happy. Longer, warmer days as I and the rest of the world prepare for the three best seasons, spring, summer and fall. I'm so excited for farmer's markets to start opening again. And the long, drunken summer nights full of wine and liquor, next to the pool or in the park or on the porch of a local bar. And lets not forget the sun-kissed skin, the bleached out blonde my hair will get when exposed to the sun and skirts. While were at it, I should also mention the Rockies games, the concerts at Redrocks, and starting school with in bikepath/walking distance. This is destined to be the best summer I've had in a long time.

Isn't amazing what ridding yourself of toxic people can free you up for? I'm ready to see what else life has in store for me. Good or bad. This has been an amazing year so far. In the seven months I have been single, I have done so much self-discovery and healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment