Saturday, June 30, 2012

Saturday Afternoons and Naps

Survival requires that we be nimble, open to change and resourceful.  I always have been able to do the very best I can with the resources and information I have available to me.  This, I believe qualifies me to consider myself a survivor.  Strength and character and will to move forward, sometimes I lack these qualities.  

I'm a really big fan of Southern cooking techniques and flavors and ingredients.  The South tends to creep into Midwestern culture so much of what I grew up with was an extension of many Southern traditions.  Recently, I've become an advocate of the biscuit.  I think I'll start making more of them.  

Today I made pasta salad to eat throughout next week.  I also started the process of making tortillas and I'll use them for breakfast burritos.  Cooking really is the only method of meditation I know...I forget single thing that may be stressing me out and for a moment in time I am just focused on one goal, delicious, beautiful food.  

This afternoon, I will take a nap

Somedays, it would be really nice to have someone to cook with and for, to have someone to cuddle up with on the couch with while we, together watch movies on Saturday afternoon.  Somedays it would be nice to have someone to go to jazz in the park with and explore Ikea with.  I'm perfectly content with my life and who I am and what I'm doing with my life. I think I'm accomplishing some amazing personal goals and have and incredible group of people who love me and call me a friend or family.  Somedays, it would be nice to have my own personal cheerleader who kisses me goodnight, whose hair I could play with when I need to keep my hands busy.  But surely I will continue to keep on keepin' on at being awesome and single.  Surely, I will survive, like always.  I have now doubled the amount of time I've been single in my life, since I was 13, in the last year and 9 months.  I think there is something to be said for myself with that.  

Between the raspberry thicket behind my apartment and the plum tree at work, I should have enough fruit for the summer.  I'm pretty excited about it.  

I think I want to get this shelf and use it as a room divider.  I can put plants on the top and use the bottom shelves, which will be hidden as extra kitchen storage.  Kylie is giving me a 3 shelf thing that I can put fabric drawers in that I will convert to extra clothing storage and also a night stand that I am going to put in the hall near the bathroom and use it to store towels and extra bathroom stuff.  There will be a wall shelf in my bathroom and and 3 wall shelves as a kind of headboard.  I want to get a big statement piece of art for above my bed and maybe wall decals for the opposite wall.  I want to plant my herbs, get some succulents, a jasmine plant and an aloe plant.  All of this should free up some closet space

No comments:

Post a Comment