Self-absorbed is the new normal, writes the author of this piece. It's an interesting paradigm to consider. I know I certainly talk, a lot, about myself through my blog, but essentially, my blog is what many would have considered to be their diaries in time past and I feel like in this forum, it's completely appropriate to talk about myself. Pinterest is a forum where I do quite a bit of self-posting, my hopes, my dreams, things I want, recipes I want to try. However, I also post about gifts for other people and ways that I feel I can help people and make a difference in other people's lives and programs that make differences in other people's lives. Facebook, lately, has been a forum for spreading ideas and connecting with people. Though there are times when my posts are definitely self-absobed me posts. But I definitely can see where the author is coming from. It just may not be nearly as bad as they report.
My internship is proving to be an incredibly valuable experience. I hadn't intended for it be as awesome as it's turning out to be but now that I'm involved with building and redeveloping the Smart's program for the BBB, I LOVE it. With my contributions, I will actually be able to make possibly a significant difference in the lives of disadvantaged young people. I'm so, incredibly passionate about what I'm doing there that it makes me a little teary to talk about it. What a huge difference passion makes in how much I like my job. This is noted for when I start making big career decisions.
This state is in a desperate need for a good rain dance. It's uncomfortably dry and everything keeps starting on fire. Scary business. It makes me wonder if there will be a fireworks ban. I would actually prefer that there be a fireworks ban because I'm a grinch and thing fireworks are awful. Fireworks, tacky Christmas decorations, stuffed animals, cuddling, all things that are vastly overrated. And this makes me a bit of a grinch. However, I own this part of my personality and don't give a damn.
It feels good to be tired at the end of the day. I think I'll go to bed early, tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment