Thursday, December 23, 2010

Head In the Sky Like a Kite

I am my own worst critic. It only takes one time of telling me I have done something incorrectly to make me mull it over and feel badly about it and obsess about it and figure out how to resolve the issue long after the issue is no longer an issue. This is really a flaw for me. So I used the word spite. What I meant was that in this certain situation if you reserve the right to hurt me with your flaw, I reserve the right to react the way I react because it hurt me that you did what you did. That is all. Why does the other one get to confess a flaw and I don't get to confess how that flaw will make me feel? Sometimes I think I need to just take her with a grain of salt. I know she means well but to be honest, she is the resident expert on dating around, I seem to have a better knowledge of building long term relationships. And really? 7 pages of why I am wrong seems a little over the top. I refuse to go on feeling badly about this. This character flaw of mine needs to be changed. But at least I have never thrown a snow boot at anyones head. I really need these next 5 days off. I think they will make a huge difference.

I'm just in the dark, feeling my way around a room I've never been in before, and hoping to find a light soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment