I've got a year to get it together. I have a year to stop doubting my ability to make a decision. It's time to buckle down and do something with my life. I'm so tired of thinking about what I want to do. It's time to actually take some of those dreams and give them a shot. I can't really imagine my future. How does a person form goals around a future they have a hard time picturing? Where do I even look for career opportunities? I need to just take a deep breath, stop thinking about it and let God show me what my path should be. I need to stop looking so hard. Maybe what happens in my love life can happen in the rest of my life as well. When I'm not looking for it, the best opportunities always show up. Many people who do great things in life were not afforded the opportunity to do so until into their thirties. Most people would never do their twenties again and quite frankly I don't blame them. Your twenties seem to be nothing more than 10 years of uncertainty and being broke. I came up with a certainty recently. I do want to get married. And I think I would like to have a child. This one boggles me. I hate children. I also revised this thought as well. I hate other people's children. But I want the opportunity to pass on all the awesomeness that my family gave to me.
What I want to do this year:
Go Ice Skating
Attend a poetry reading
Lose 20 more pounds
Run 5 miles
Take my bike more places
Get my camera out at least once a month
Spend at least one day a week outside
Have sex at least once a week
Try a new food/wine once a month
volunteer
Learn to make a food once a month
Expand my wardrobe/find an awesome little black dress
Write every single day
Stick to my budget
Learn to unconditionally love myself
Get a pedicure
See a play
go to the art museum
Give money to TAL
No comments:
Post a Comment