Friday, January 7, 2011

On Damaged Merchandise

I desire a man who upon given the choice between a brand new and shiny piece of art or a damaged in all the right places so that it has developed it's own unique character piece of art he will always choose character over perfection. In my flaws, you will find my ultimate beauty. It is in these flaws that you will find that character of a survivor. I have survived all of the damages in my life and I am still a relatively well adjusted, semi-successful, still dreaming, strong, independent young woman. I still have time to, and will do great things with my life. I should not discount the great things I have already done in my life, the people I have touched, the good I have given to the world. Patience with myself is a virtue I would be well suited to develop. Rome wasn't built in a day and my legacy will not be just the result of my twenties. A legacy is the product of a lifetime. And before I have anything more to give to the world, I must find a way to fulfill my soul again. My soul has been drained of my giving nature, making it nearly impossible for me to exhibit empathy. But this person is not who I am. This person is recovering from love unrequited. I gave him everything I had, he drained me of all I can give. Now is the moment I rebuild this by learning to love myself again. And by learning to trust other people to love me. I will be more than okay.

Alicia Keys - Superwoman (Official Music Video). Watch more top selected videos about: Alicia Keys

No comments:

Post a Comment