Friday, January 14, 2011

On The Little Things

Today I drove through rush hour traffic as the sun came up on the mountains and I thought to myself, "this is what it is all about." This, the little, nondescript, everyday mundane things like the beauty that is the sun rising and setting over the mountains makes me thankful for my life. I'm happy to be here today. Today, I get the opportunity to spend what could be my grandmother's last birthday with her. This is what moving back here was all about. Opportunities like this one. And I'm thankful for that. I'm thankful for my friends who go shopping with me, make steak, get me high as a kite, and then laugh for hours. Life is about taking advantage of the little things. In the long run, my appreciation of small details will determine my quality of life. And if I have to be here, I want my life to have a quality and a meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment