Trainwreck was everything I was hoping for. Amy Schumer is my comedic hero. It is truly incredible how much I identify with her and some of the characters she writes. As an old person, I will never be devoid of stories from my youth to revel in, that's for sure...
Andrew is coming home tomorrow. I am excited to see him. He annoyed me with his phone skills earlier today. It was frustrating considering how much I was finding myself liking him since he's been gone.
I found a black, white, and hot pink striped dress that I desperately want. It reminds me of a Kate Spade look for considerably less than an actual Kate Spade look.
...And I paused for a minute to go complete the purchase of the above mentioned dress...I hope it fits! I love it SOOOOO much!!!
Continuing-
I don't think I truly understood at what level I actually enjoy quiet solitude in my home. When no one is picking at me or saying things that upset me or just not noticing that I put a lot of effort into my look but instead noticing that one or two cat hairs from the fucking cats that I did not bring into this marriage are on me in a place I never would have seen... But I diverge. Moments like these are worth their weight in gold for my psyche. I am sitting, legs spread, computer in front, drinking red wine, writing, and listening to Thelonious Monk, in bed. This moment was brought to me by a warm summer night and a fiance on a motorcycle adventure. This moment was also brought to me by having grown up a lot in how I view being separated from my partner. Younger me would be devastated by the past few weeks. I like older me better than younger me. I am super happy to be who I am today and that is saying a lot for me.
We have a new landlord. I'm pretty sure this landlord usually does not renew leases on recently acquired properties. At least that's the gist I have gotten when they have acquired other properties and done renovations sans tenants. I was completely prepared to sign another 2 year lease here and I'm pretty sure our plans will have to change. I wouldn't mind trying a new neighborhood on for size but it would be sad to leave the one I that rescued me and made me a whole and unbroken human again. This place feels like home. I guess this is what gentrification feels like...
No comments:
Post a Comment