Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Cool Summer Gratitude

The last week has been horrible for my anxiety.  I am having quite a bit of internal conflict over some work things.  Last night I cleaned up the apartment, started a new book, ate a delicious and comforting dinner, and took a hot, relaxing bath.  Finally I was able to give myself a pep talk.  If I am going to survive this temporary situation I have to adjust my attitude and find a way to make it interesting.  Otherwise I will not be my best, confident self when it comes to interviewing for the new position.  If I allow my confidence to collapse before then, I will fail. 

I start grad school within the next month or so.  I think it will be fine.  I'm thankful I was able to take grad level classes as an undergrad because I feel more prepared for what to expect.  Also, understanding that I am finally passing up the education levels of those I envied for finishing their Bachelor's before I did makes me feel pretty stellar.  Though I should be more hesitant to compare myself and my situation to anyone else.  

Watching HGTV makes me want a place of our own.  But I am thankful we will be able to stay here with our reasonable rent for the next year or two.  I think that is the wisest financial decision we can make.  I spoke with Andrew about him needed to get his racing kicks in soon because once we have a kid, we aren't sharing that car, we are getting something more family friendly.  Honestly, if he is set on that being a Forester, than it will be a Forester.  We also talked about being in a position to start a family in the next 3 or so years.  Cheap rent while we prepare for those things is optimal. 

Thank goodness it has been a cool summer.  Cool summers are the best kind of summers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment