Friday, July 24, 2015

I am seriously all over the place

My job bores me.  Maybe this is a by-product of being the new guy?  It feels like I have been set up to fail my billable hours goal.  I don't think anyone intentionally made this happen but everything just feels...wrong.  So if RTD declines to hire me, I think I will be seeking another job in the next year.  Highway engineering truly isn't for me. 

We are headed to Ikea to pick up the rest of the stuff for our living room- a few pieces to complete the tv stand and some pieces to add to the liquor shelf that will help with dust collection.  We are planning to stop by an open house on the way home.  I think we both really like the area of South Broadway in Englewood.  The house we are stopping by is perfect and in that neighborhood.  We are in no way prepared to buy right now but it would be fun to pretend.  Everyone I know is moving northwest of the city.  Of course I would be looking to move southwest. 

I have come around to really wanting this new position so it is fairly likely I won't be hired.

Too many peanut butter cups made my stomach a little upset.

Grad School registration happened today.  Because I am super excited to finish Grad School, I am super eager to start Grad School.  This shit is going to be expensive... Let's hope the cost-benefit outcome works out in my favor.

It turns out that when I am not being challenged in a responsibility, it is hugely challenging for me to stay engaged with it. 

The strangest thing happened as Andrew and I were looking at a house.  We were scrolling through pictures and I saw the nursery and proclaimed "it even has a nursery all ready to go."  Andrew and I both nearly shit when I said that.

A not-so-close friend posted on Facebook about how she and her husband could not wait for him to graduate so they could move because they couldn't handle the racist pigs in Colorado.  While they tend to be a bit over-dramatic, I wonder what happened to make them feel that way.

The shootings in Lafayette during Trainwreck really felt emotionally heavy.  If any demographic deserves to be racially profiled, it is white men.  

No comments:

Post a Comment