Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Obviously a Bit Bitter Post

Weddings are irritating me right now.  They are causing me to spiral into childish feelings of the little girl who isn't invited to the birthday party or whose little brother is somehow beyond all things imaginable getting married before her.  Why the hell do I feel so angry about these things?  They are weddings!  I don't even know if I want a wedding for myself!  I need to have a child, a little girl to be exact, and teach her to be awesome at math and not daydream about her future wedding but do daydream about the day she cures cancer because her mother socialized her to engage in science and encouraged her to get her PhD before settling on some socially acceptable form of what a woman's life is suppose to be like.

On that note, I wish someone would have encouraged me to be better at math as a kid.  I'm smart enough.  I always have been.  I just needed for someone to take an interest in pushing me harder.  Then maybe I wouldn't be so intimidated by math now.

The good news is it looks like I should be getting a $1000 reimbursement from the government for school.  That is effing fantastic news.

2013 is shaping up to be a complete and total test of my patience and my sanity and my determination to not let it get to me.

So cheers to taking a year to grow thicker skin and to preparing for a lifetime of achievement beyond that of the girl whose biggest day is simply devoting her life to a man.  This girl has bigger dreams then that.

No comments:

Post a Comment