The cold weather is very isolating. The matter of my cold weather cuddle buddy being so far away and my texting/drinking/good time buddies being otherwise occupied with their own lives only compounds the loneliness of the cold weather isolation. So here I sit, trying to warm my bones under layers of blankets deciding whether to aid my heater with my oven because the North Pole has moved to Denver and it's less than freezing by double digit degrees. And I do so by myself, healing from the emotional drain of an afternoon in the company of the Nebraskans.
I had some thoughts this morning about the purpose of the next few months of my life. To take my life one thing, one small win, one day at a time would be something I could stand to learn to take full advantage of and appreciate more. 2013 is hereby dedicated to the small things. It is dedicated to hitting the pavement and building strength, emotional and physical It is dedicated to doing all those small things I've always wanted to do. It is dedicated to spending on experiences and not on things. It is dedicated to spending the time I can with the people I have in my life before I don't have the luxury to do so anymore. And it is dedicated to taking the small measures to prepare myself for the big changes.
It is likely that I will experience some deep loss in the next 12 months. It is likely that there will be grand moments of happiness. It is likely that there will be small moments of bliss and frustrations and inconvenience and peace. But they will be mine, for better or worse and to be thankful for the moments that are mine is all that I seek for the year ahead of me.
No comments:
Post a Comment