Today I spent the some time with my family. It's always so grounding to revisit my roots and I have a newfound appreciation for the city every time I make the trek back and as the skyline materializes, I know that I am home. That feeling of home that encircles your soul and makes you feel warm, especially when you've been away.
This feeling is never the same as the sanctity of the feeling of home you have as a child. Maybe it's a feeling of safety that bounds us to the idea of home. Maybe this is why the psychological consequences of the violation of one's home are so dire.
It rained today. The rain has a way of renewing my vitality. It breathes through me, washing away any darkness that has made it's way into my heart. It's purity, it's smell, it's sound, the rain is simply, beautiful.
My hopes are going to stay grounded on the possible visitation of a new friend. I would hate to get excited about something that is not likely to happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment