I'm ready to be done with finals tomorrow. And I'm ready to move on from these classes.
It's taken me some time to feel comfortable setting weight loss goals with my history with weight loss/bulimia. In the past it's always gotten to the obsessive part where I will eat something and feel so badly about it that I will feel sick and ultimately throw up because I feel so ill and stressed out about having eaten something outside of my diet. This time I feel more flexibility in my goals and more support. It's not about losing weight, it's about establishing healthy lifestyle habits. I've always weighed more than the people around me and so I've never felt particularly comfortable talking about how much I weigh. Especially when I hear friends talking about how big they felt weighing less than I weigh. My weight distributes differently throughout my body, maybe? I think I'd like to lose 20 pounds in the next year, be able to complete the Alzheimer 5k and the 3 day peddle the plains bike ride, and consistently fit into a size 10. Since I've been working out relatively consistently this month, I don't feel like I've completed my day if I haven't done my workout. My mind feels less anxious and I feel stronger and healthier after I workout. I will work hard to keep the momentum.
No comments:
Post a Comment