Thursday, December 6, 2012

A Damn Mouse and Other Daily Musings

So the call did not go how I wanted it to go.  But it did go, as I did, the second best way.  Perpetual second place winner, right here.  It's just not my time and that is okay.  I guess.  I tell people it's cool but really I'm peeved that I wasn't the best because, dammit, I want to be the best at everything.

But since I'm not, I'll take my second place victories in stride and do my thing and get better and there will come a time when I am somebody's first choice.

I saw a damn mouse in my apartment this morning.  I'm pretending I didn't see a mouse in my apartment this morning.  If I see it again I will call it a big deal.  Otherwise I'm giving it a peaceful opportunity to vacate the premises before I go to war and destroy the non-threatening mouse.

I nailed another interview today.  I probably won't get the job but I am getting to be damn good at interviewing.  And this is a good thing, I think.

My brother will be proposing to his girlfriend over the New Year celebration.  I have mixed feelings about this.  Some  Most of it is jealousy.  I want to be the person someone knows they want to spend the rest of their life with.  I have other things, like living outside of my parents house.  So there's that.

Tomorrow I'll go back to plan A.  It's possible that Plan B or C might kick into action but Plan A seems like the most likely plan for the next 6 months of my life.  And I'm cool with Plan A.  Plan A doesn't suck and I'm beginning to see doesn't suck as something a good thing.  At least a better thing than I used to.  Does finding contentedness count as getting too comfortable and not striving for new things?

I need new underwear.  Currently, I'm in possession of entirely too many pairs of cotton period panties from 40 lb ago and let's just be real for a second.  I can do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment