Saturday, February 11, 2012

On Having Discovered the Meaning of Life

Today I took a huge step in ensuring that I will be able to completely focus on my self-improvement project in the coming months. I don't know that I will come to a place where I am truly ready to have a man in my life but I have to heal from the trials of my last relationship before this can happen and I do believe that even as far as a year and a half later I have only managed to scratch the surface of the pain I left that time of my life with. It seems as though this last year or so I have simply been settling into my life back in Colorado. It has been a whirlwind and now that I am settling into what my life will be here I am recognizing the need to face down my demons and not simply shuffle them into the avoid and forget pile but to actually allow myself to heal.

Each year flies by faster than the one before and all we have left is the ability to embrace change as not only inevitable but also beautiful. The meaning of life is to know what moments in life will create a fantastic memory and embrace them, knowing that each moment is simply fleeting. And embrace the moments of pain as the learning and growth opportunities they are. All things are temporary. It is knowing this fact that brings meaning to our lives.

I will be okay

No comments:

Post a Comment