At some point I'll be a well adjusted adult who makes wise decisions. This is a documentation of my journey, my detours, my story and what will ultimately lead to the completion of my meaningful life project.
Wednesday, August 22, 2012
Why a sunflower?
I'm choosing to embellish a sunflower forever on my skin as a symbol of my past. I am a prairie child. Where I grew up, sunflowers grew strong. I picked them ALL the time. I was captivated by them. My grandmother, the one who is dying of dementia, used to bring me every single thing she could find with a sunflower on it, they reminded her of me, my warmth, my brightness, my ability to always find the sun. This will symbolize my childhood, my roots, my family, my strength, my ability to see the light and my ability to survive and grow strong and beautifully in any environment you put me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment