Sunday, August 2, 2015

A Very Good Weekend, Indeed.

This was a really excellent weekend.  It was exactly what I needed.  Friday night we had dinner with a friend I met during a class project and her husband.  They are amazing humans and I would very much like for us all to be friends.  Also, I like having a friend whose eyes don't glaze over when we talk about transportation. 

After dinner Andrew headed up to Leadville to climb a mountain so I had the bed to myself. 

Saturday morning started with breakfast and coffee before I headed off to the grocery store.  I walked which I haven't done in a long time and proceeded to stock up on canned pantry supplies so the walk home was not that great but I do enjoy grocery walks overall. 

After groceries I had a seriously productive day of cleaning ALL the things.  It was glorious.  I am even going to bed knowing the dishes are done, I have breakfast and lunch for the week, and clean clothes to wear.

The RTD position has been posted.  My resume is prepped and ready, it is simply awaiting proofreading by my WTS mentor.  I would really LOVE it if they could go ahead and hire me.  I can't imagine he will get too many applicants given the specialized nature of the position but who knows...

Wedding things are really starting to roll.  My bridal shower is next week and planning for my bachelorette  is rolling.  I am so relieved the two friends who never met prior to getting together for this get along so well. 

This afternoon we took a drive to the neighborhoods we have been eying for our home purchase.  It helped us rule out some areas and I think we are not interested condos, only townhouses with no upstairs or downstairs neighbors and little patio and yard areas.  One was open for an open house.  It was SUPER cheap but needed quite a bit of work. 

My parents were on their way home from the springs today and stopped to treat us to breakfast at Sassafras.  It was a really nice time.

And finally, our old couch is gone!  This means I don't have to pay someone to take it.  Hurray! 

No comments:

Post a Comment