My whole life, I have been extremely sensitive to the weather changes in the summer to autumn transition. I can smell it, the air just feels different, I feel different. I feel nostalgic in a way, every autumn.
It has been heightened in the years since I began commuting on foot. Moving at the speed of pedestrian, I notice things like the yellowing of the edges of the leaves in late August and the slight temperature differentials moving between seasons. But my favorite thing is the smell. It soothes my soul to smell the transitioning season.
It occurred to me yesterday that I am about to enter the final year of my 20s.
All things are temporary. This has become my mantra. When I am happy I remember all things are temporary and make every attempt to live within and appreciate the moment of happiness. When things are stressful, remembering that all things are temporary helps me manage the anxiety of living within a stressful situation. Temporary may mean a very long time and it may mean a few fleeting seconds but temporary never means forever.
I will be okay.
No comments:
Post a Comment