Saturday, August 20, 2011

What will be will be

I am taking the steps in my life to create some normalcy. I have grocery delivery and Sunday post delivery. I will be establishing routine, making most of my meals at home, a regular television schedule, a sense of self that I have been fulfilling with dates and outings and I'm ready to slow down, I'm ready to focus on me and to be perfectly okay with my life and my place in my life. I may go to the botanic gardens tomorrow, since I'm done with all of my chores today. What a restful weekend this has been! Or maybe I'll read in the park. Either way it will be my afternoon. I will have coffee and a newspaper and breakfast with Emily in the morning and a visit to the park in the afternoon. I am okay. I am an amazing person who deserves to be surrounded by nothing less than amazing people. What Andrew did to me has nothing to do with me and most men would never consider what he did to me as acceptable. I don't have time in my life for boys who dont call. I deserve and will find better than that. I will find someone to play scrabble and jenga with on Sunday night and wake up with in the morning and who will think I'm crazy and beautiful and love me for every bit of who I am. Because I like who I am and you should too. It seems like it's harder for me to find someone in my life now that I have such a greater sense and appreciation of who I am than when I was a lost and lonely child in my earlier dating career. Maybe it's not that it's harder, but that my standards are higher and so far, my standards have yet to be met on a level that I'm completely comfortable with. The lawyer is nice and I would like to see where that goes, but it's not looking like he is going to call again. que sera sera.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9-toV371PA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

No comments:

Post a Comment