Tuesday, May 9, 2017

The Return of Normal

Holy shit.  Today feels like I am almost back to normal.  It's mind-blowing.  I have routine and emotional stability and a feeling of general well-being.

My intern was selected to attend a Summit in D.C. and as her mentor I get to attend with her.  I'm proud.  And very excited for the opportunity to go to D.C. to mentor some of the best and brightest high school girls looking at the possibility of a career in transportation.  It reignites my passion for what I do.  And my passion for the future.

I'm gonna need RTD to get it together and hire me for the equity position.  I'm ready for a change there.  If/when that happens, I will have pretty much upended put my life back together in some very different ways this year.  I'm proud of me for surviving that shake up.  And come back out the other side different in ways I needed to be and stronger in ways I needed to be.

And I'm incredibly thankful I found Sam on the other side of this.  I see a future with him.  I like his principles.  I like his life philosophies.  I like the way he inspires me to do and be better.  I like how easy it has been to trust him.  He has integrity.  I like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment