Thursday, November 12, 2015

Futures

I am coming up on my 29th birthday, the start of a new job, and a wedding.  This is a lot of things to be coming up on all at once.  I would say it would be great if things could go ahead and slow down for me but I know that as soon as things do slow down, it will mean I am settled and I get easily bored when I feel settled.

There is some indication among experts that there will be another world war in the near future.  This prospect frightens me.  Also, I feel like a little sacrifice among the American public would be good for us.

My bachelorette party is on Saturday.  Holy hell.  It should be fun.

I have a somewhat high-profile, and SUPER interesting job!!!!!!!  And I am experiencing some serious impostor-syndrome.  However, it occurred to me yesterday that I have a considerable amount to be thankful for at this time.  Not so long ago, I would never have been considered for this job as a woman.  Not too much before that time, it would have been expected that I drop out of the workforce when I married.  Not too much before that, it would not have been legal for me to have stayed in the workplace.  This Thanksgiving, I am thankful for all the feminists before me who made my life as it is a possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment