September is still a few months away but I'm already on the search for what I should wear to my little brother's wedding. I'm not thrilled that my future sister in law seems to not be my biggest fan. And I'm not thrilled about the wedding in general; however, family means that I get to keep all of that to myself and pretend to be thrilled about this thing. I have to pretend to be thrilled hearing about this girl stealing ideas that I had about my own potential nuptials. But on a side note, whatever ideas she uses that I thought I might like to utilize, I realize that my tastes may change and new ideas will come along in the meantime. Lucky for me, I will get to travel to BFE Nebraska to celebrate with people who make me cringe. The plan is to self medicate with alcohol for the better part of the process.
What do you wear to your brother's wedding? I Googled it. I didn't find an answer. I did find that white is a big no no and people have mixed feelings about black. I assume there will be quite a bit of walking on dirt and grass so stilettos might not be in my best interest. By September, after having run pretty seriously all summer, I'm hopping to be in really great physical shape so maybe I can rock strapless? At any rate these pictures will be framed and in public for potentially the rest of my life and I'd like to not regret what I wore when I look at them in my future. This makes buying a dress a bigger deal than it probably should be.
The next few months of my life are completely impossible to try and predict and just about impossible to plan for. The hardest part for me is letting go of control long enough to just let them happen the way they will. I just want to orchestrate the whole thing and make it go the way I want it to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment