At some point I'll be a well adjusted adult who makes wise decisions. This is a documentation of my journey, my detours, my story and what will ultimately lead to the completion of my meaningful life project.
Tuesday, April 23, 2013
Dilapidated and Abandoned
There is something inherently and hauntingly beautiful about images of abandoned property. This has been a subject of near obsession for me since I was a little girl wondering about the beautiful, dilapidated farmhouses and the little one room school house near Uncle Wayne's farm. What was the moment when someone last locked up these places, walked away and never came back? What was the purpose of the building? Why had no one bothered to dispose of the place? Would it be dangerous for me to go in and explore? I want to know about the people who occupied these places. I want to know about the reasons they left these places. I want the stories of life and love that haunt these places. As a farm child I had a considerable amount of daydream time allotted to me and I would create these elaborate stories about these places and why they stand abandoned. These places are complex characterizations of my imagination. I only wish I were brave or stupid enough to explore abandoned properties.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment