When my semester wraps up in May I'm planning to head east to BFE and spend a week in my childhood home. Two family friends who are really like adopted great aunts are aging pretty quickly and so to make the trip more enjoyable I've offered to help them with any tasks they've been having trouble getting to. The offer was also extended to my mother and my grandmother. I'm also planning to bring each of these lovely ladies a late mother's day gift of a basket containing yummy tea, nova scotia oat cakes, jam and a little pot of annuals. Neither Jeannie nor Lavada have grandchildren and I love filling in as defacto family. It reminds me that family can be chosen and that love extended to someone who needs it is returned with a gratitude that is worth the tiny effort of extension.
Yesterday I found myself wondering who I would want to be in my wedding with me. I honestly don't know how one comes to this decision. There are girlfriends who have come relatively recently to my life but have made a great impact, those who I have had very strenuous relationships with but whom I still consider like a sister, those who I grew up with but who have grown apart due to new developments in their own lives.
I finally found the dress I plan to wear to my brother's wedding. I'm a little afraid it's going to be a bit too short but I have great motivation to work on my legs all summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment