Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Lemons

This is where I stand currently.

At 23 years old I am making less money than I have in the last three years and have more bills to pay. I suffer verbal abuse throughout my entire day of manning a phone at the end of a 1-800 number. Every single day that I manage the gumption and courage to go back to work and sit back down at the end of my phone is another day in which I lose a little bit more faith in the intelligence of the general population. Every single day that I take another phone call from another idiot who wants to yell at me over something he or she does not fully understand pulls me further and further into a bitchy attitude I did not used to posses.

At the end of the torture that is my work week I have the divine pleasure of diving head first into my passions. Isn't that, after all, the purpose of enduring torture? A better sense of the beautiful things in my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment