Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I Sing Songs

Something about yesterday just wore on my psyche. I felt like a crazy person by the end of the day. It was just overall a very strange/not so great day. I'm incredibly thankful it's almost tomorrow. My life is a series of roller coaster hills. It builds up and up and fills me with anticipation for the fall; exhilarated in the moment of the final buildup, hoping everything I have worked for to this point was worth my while, until finally. The moment. The thrill of the ride. Then again, chugging back towards the top. It seems as though I'm back in a moment of the edge of exhilaration. I'm on the brink of more big life changes. The waiting period is one thing I could stand to improve my process for. I hate the waiting period. I should really find a way to just stop and appreciate my surroundings while in limbo. Getting ahead of myself is useless. It's been almost an entire year into my healing process and one step at a time, I have made leaps and bounds. Having tossed and turned last night, I'm exhausted. But I'm happy and on a precipice; and, today I took a moment to notice the flowers standing in their vibrance against the cold gray morning. And really, what more could I have asked for in my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment