I have been having a difficult time forming my thoughts into words, forming my vision into art, and in general coming out of my shell lately. It's as though I have become this consumed corporate zombie in the last two years. On that note; however, I have been slowly coming out of my cocoon. Perhaps the last few years were simply a moment in my life when I transitioned from a caterpillar into a butterfly. There really have been quite few moments a pain and trepidation as I find my footing in my adult life.
It doesn't interest me to redo any part of my life at this point. I am where I am and I firmly believe there is a purpose to my life as it is. All I can do is look forward and know that my future is still a blank- for me to fill in- and I can only do my best interpretation of this dance called life.
I often wonder at what point in my life did it become so awful for me to make mistakes. It might actually be impossible for me to explain the level of anxiety I create for myself when I take chance and fear a mistake. Is this normal? Do other people tear themselves apart when they fear a mistake?
The sun should make an appearance for a solid week...at least. It's halfway through June and it has not gotten above 75 degrees. Both my plants and myself would be eternally grateful to feel the warmth of a few sunny days.
It has come under consideration that I may cancel the internet. This would force us out of the apartment more often which I don't believe would be a bad thing at all. It think I will make this argument to Andrew tonight and get a feel for where he really stands with this idea. More than likely he will be violently opposed and will react accordingly.
If I didn't have to work so many hours in a week I would have so much more time for things I actually like to do. I'm a firm advocate for working four 10 hour shifts. We would use less gas commuting, we would have more meaningful time to spend playing an instrument or going for a trip out of town or just to spend with loved ones. I would even go so far as to bet the world would be a much happier, healthier, more active society.
No comments:
Post a Comment