Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A look into Adzuki beans

My energy tank is on empty. It feels like my body is fighting something, that could have something to do with my massive Sunburn from Sunday. I have adzuki beans and chickpeas cooking on my stovetop. I couldn't find an Adzuki bean recipe that really looked very good but I'm planning on experimenting with some of the flavors from the bag of rice and Adzuki bean chips from Boulder Canyon chips I picked up at Costco the other day. They are a wonderful snack if you haven't tried them you really should. They have a chipotle and cheese flavor to them. I plan to incorporate a sort of chipotle and chili powder flavor. My chickpeas are for hummus. We are going camping this weekend and I think hummus will be a perfect camp meal. Man skills (my new name for my significant other) seems to be extremely excited about camping. He managed to drag every piece of camping equipment out all over our apartment and I spent the better part of the morning trying to find my floor again.

I have a boat load of cherries which are really great right out of the bowl. I have been reading other blogs with an intention of finding something else to do with them. My CSA newsletter came with a recipe for cherry ice cream that looks really intriguing. I have come across two problems with this. 1.) I don't have an ice cream maker. 2.) I can't figure out how to efficiently get the pits out of my cherries. I tried the paper clip method and I ended up having to cut all of the cherries in half like I would a peach. Now I'm not sure the undersides of my fingernails will ever be a normal color again.

No comments:

Post a Comment